Monday, February 27, 2012

The Romans Approach to Reaching the Lost


THE ROMANS APPROACH TO SALVATION
Sitting in the living room of our home one evening, my wife handed me a storage box and said, “If you want experience some nostalgia look through this.”  Out of curiosity I began to search through the items in the box and found Father’s Day cards from my children, notes from my wife and various other things that went back over 30 years.  I also found a small envelope with a 37 cent stamp post marked in 2002.  The return address showed Hallsville, TX 75650.  I removed a  letter and it read as follows:
                Dear Jim,
                                I take great pleasure in writing to tell you of the success my wife & I have had       reaching
                the lost using the Romans Approach to salvation. 
A friend gave me a R.A. Tape in 1982.  Since then the Lord, my wife & I have converted more than 50 souls using it.
I am so thankful for the tape you recently gave me.  I promise it will be used.  I’m so greatful for brothers like you who have the knowledge of God’s salvation plan & the ability to organize it in a way that faith, the love of God, the origin of sin, God’s grace, His salvation plan & Church membership can all be taught by nearly anyone.
My prayer is, may God bless & keep you in all that you do.
In Brotherly love,
Gene Tolar
I have shared the letter just as it was written.  You can listen to the tape that Gene is referring to here: http://campusministryunited.com/Audio/RomansApproachLive.mp3
I am delighted that God has used this study to bring hundreds to Christ.  It is the gospel that is the power of God for salvation.  The study from Romans simply presents the truth in a way that people who are away from God can understand it.  God describes us as clay jars that hold the great treasure of the gospel:  “We have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.” (2 Corinthians 4:7)
I pray that God will bless you richly as you explore this study!

No comments: